- Audio system, Chevrolet MyLink Radio with Navigation, AM/FM stereo and CD player 5 USB ports, 1 SD card reader and an auxiliary jack (Only standard on LTZ models built after 10/5/14.)
- Wireless charging (Only on vehicles built after 10/5/14. Not compatible with all phones. Compliant batteries include QI and PMA technologies. Reference Mobile devices manual to confirm what type of battery it uses.)
- Audio system feature, single-slot CD/MP3 player (Replaced by (U42) rear seat entertainment system when (U42) is ordered.)
- Audio system feature, Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound premium 10-speaker system
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming with integrated turn signal indicators and ground illumination
- Headlamps, high intensity discharge
- Wheel, full-size spare, 17 (43.2 cm) steel
- Wiper, rear intermittent with washer
- Fascia, rear color-keyed ((PCK) Luxury Package includes chrome accent strip and trailer hitch close out.)
- Assist steps, Black (LTZ includes chrome accent strip)
- Wipers, front intermittent, Rainsense
- Wheels, 20 x 9 (50.8 cm x 22.9 cm) polished-aluminum
- Fog lamps
- Tire, spare P265/70R17 all-season, blackwall
- Moldings, body-color bodyside
- Tires, P275/55R20 all-season, blackwall
- Fascia, front body-color
- Daytime Running Lamps, with automatic exterior lamp control
- Tire carrier, lockable outside spare, winch-type mounted under frame at rear
- Liftgate, hands free, power (Only on vehicles built after 10/5/14.)
- Luggage rack side rails, roof-mounted (Includes bright accent.)
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Display, driver instrument information enhanced, multi-color
- Lighting, interior with dome light, driver- and passenger-side door switch with delayed entry feature, cargo lights, door handle or Remote Keyless Entry-activated illuminated entry and map lights in front and second seat positions.
- Assist handles, all seats
- Seats, heated second row
- Floor mats, color-keyed carpeted first and second row, removable
- Power outlet, 110-volt
- Cargo net
- OnStar with 4G LTE provides a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds (Only on vehicles built after 10/5/14. Visit www.onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services and connectivity may vary by model and conditions. 4G LTE service available in select markets. 4G LTE performance based on industry averages and vehicle systems design. Some services require data plan.)
- Memory settings recalls presets for driver power seat adjuster and pedals (Also includes memory presets for outside rearview mirrors and power steering column.)
- Conversation mirror (Deleted when (UTT) Theft Protection Package is ordered.)
- Seats, third row 60/40 split-bench, power fold
- Console, floor with storage area, cup holders, SD card slot and auxiliary jack
- Door locks, power programmable with lockout protection
- Passive Entry System includes (AQQ) Remote Keyless Entry
- Cargo management system
- Power outlets, 5 auxiliary, 12-volt includes outlets in the instrument panel, console, back of console, 1 in 3rd row and 1 in cargo area (when bench seat is ordered, the outlet on the back of the console is lost)
- Seat adjuster, front passenger 6-way power
- Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, programmable
- Steering column, power tilt and telescopic
- Windows, power, all express down, front express up
- Steering wheel controls, mounted audio and cruise controls includes Driver Information Center controls
- Seating, front bucket with Perforated leather-appointed heated and cooled seat cushions 12-way power driver and passenger seat includes 6-way power cushions, driver seat 2-position memory, 4-way power lumbar control and power recline
- Remote vehicle start
- Steering wheel, heated, leather-wrapped and color-keyed with theft-deterrent locking feature
- Climate control, tri-zone automatic with individual climate settings for driver, right-front passenger and rear passengers
- Seat trim, perforated leather-appointed
- Pedals, power-adjustable for accelerator and brake
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
- Seats, second row bucket, power release
- Seats, heated and cooled driver and front passenger
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed (Not included when (Y66) Adaptive Cruise Control is ordered.)
- Trailering equipment includes trailering hitch platform, 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector and 2 trailering receiver
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode
- Rear axle, 3.08 ratio (Not available with (NHT) Max Trailering Package.)
- Keyless start, switch
- Battery, 720 cold cranking amps with 80 amp hour rating
- Cooling, auxiliary transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil
- Cooling, external engine oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil integral to driver side of radiator
- Alternator, 150 amps
- Differential, heavy-duty locking rear
- Rear wheel drive
- Suspension, rear multi-link with coil springs
- Suspension Package, Magnetic Ride Control road sensing electronically controlled shock absorbers
- GVWR, 7100 lbs. (3221 kg) (Requires 2WD model.)
- Steering, power
- Engine, 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing includes aluminum block construction (355 hp [265 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 383 lb-ft of torque [518 N-m] @ 4100 rpm)
- Suspension, front coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar
- 2015 Interim Processing Code (Required on all interim models produced starting in October 2014.)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System air pressure sensors in each tire with pressure display in Driver Information Center (does not apply to spare tire)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, sensor indicator
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for Children), for child safety seats; lower anchors and top tethers located in all second row seating positions, top tethers located in third row seating positions
- Lane Departure Warning and Safety Alert Seat
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with brake assist, includes traction control
- Safety belts, 3-point, driver and right-front passenger
- Automatic Occupant Sensing System sensor indicator inflatable restraint, front passenger/child presence detector
- Theft deterrent, electrical, unauthorized entry
- Warning tones headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and right-front passenger safety belt unfasten and turn signal on
- OnStar Directions and Connections plan for 6 months including Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation (Visit www.onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services may vary by model and conditions.)
- Air bags, frontal and side-impact for driver and front passenger driver inboard seat-mounted side-impact and head curtain side-impact for all rows in outboard seating positions (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Forward Collision Alert sensor indicator
- Front and rear parking assist
- Rear Vision Camera
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, VAC power
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
Regardless of whether buyers opt for the roomier Chevrolet Suburban and or the somewhat shorter, but more manageable Tahoe, it comes with a 5.3L V8 engine that makes 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque.
The engine is teamed to a responsive 6-speed automatic transmission, and fuel economy ratings now weigh in at 16 mpg city, 23 highway with rear-wheel drive or 15/22 mpg with 4-wheel drive, both of which are available throughout the model line. The engine features variable valve timing and direct injection, which both help provide power over a wider rev range. Included Active Fuel Management will shut down half of the cylinders to save gas during steady-speed cruising or coasting. The engine is also capable of running on flex-fuel mixes up to E85 (85 percent ethanol). Yet, when properly equipped, the Suburban can tow up to 8,500 pounds--made easier to manage thanks to the transmission's TapShift controls, dedicated Tow/Haul mode, and Auto Grade Braking.
Inside, the new Suburban and Tahoe continue to excel in ride quality, as the previous-generation models had, but their interiors have been upgraded and their instrument panels get a sharper, more modern and detailed look. Most versions get a new 8-inch touch-screen audio system that allows access, via a motorized faceplate, to a 'hidden' bin behind--good for stashing cameras or other small valuables. Meanwhile, Chevy says that the center console compartment is now large enough for a laptop or iPad.
All Tahoe and Suburban models continue with sturdy body-on-frame construction, although the frame has been strengthened; there's a wider track that aids stability; and additional noise-and-vibration damping measures have been added to make the cabin especially quiet. At the top LTZ level, it comes with magnetic ride control, which can 'read' the road and constantly adjusting the way that the suspension responds, softening it for bumpy, pitchy surfaces or firming it up for quick emergency maneuvers. All of these models now include precise, variable-assist electric power steering, as well as 4-wheel disc brakes with Duralife brake rotors that, GM claims, last twice as long as ordinary ones.
With up to six USB ports, as well as a 110-volt AC outlet in LT and LTZ models, there are plenty of options for plugging in the whole family's devices.
The roomier Suburban is the way to go if for three rows of seating. The second row can be specified with either a 60/40-split bench seat or with dual bucket seats. A power-folding arrangement is available. The Suburban provides considerably easier entry to the third row, thanks to wider door openings.
Versions of the Suburban and Tahoe with dual bucket seats in front get a new front-seat center air bag, which will help protect those in front in certain kinds of side impacts.
Both 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban models are offered in three trim levels: LS, LT and LTZ. Base LS models include tri-zone automatic climate control, power windows, locks and mirrors, a rear-vision camera system, Rear Park Assist sensors, and a remote, GM's OnStar concierge and convenience system (including six months of the Directions & Connections plan), and an audio system that includes HD Radio and SiriusXM satellite radio compatibility. Moving up to the LT adds Forward Collision Alert, leather upholstery, a power liftgate, a heavy-duty locking rear differential, the enhanced MyLink touch-screen connectivity and entertainment system and the potential to option up to items such as keyless entry with push-button start, full Front and Rear Park Assist, a sunroof, a navigation system and a rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens and Blu-Ray compatibility.
At the top of the lineup, the LTZ includes most of those aforementioned items as standard (except for the rear entertainment and power sunroof, which are also optional. But the LTZ gets loads of other meaningful upgrades, including heated side mirrors, upgraded trims, bigger wheels and tires, fog lamps, the Magnetic Ride Control suspension, heated and cooled front seats, and Bose Centerpoint audio. Adaptive cruise control and a power-folding second-row seat arrangement are among the few options on top LTZ models.
Chevrolet's full-size Suburban and Tahoe SUVs, have been completely redesigned for 2015. While these models are essentially the same size on the outside as those that they replace, GM has re-engineered these trucks for much-improved refinement and ride quality--as well as more power and higher towing capability.
Both model lines get new Chevrolet MyLink touch-screen connectivity in most of their trim levels. Meanwhile, second- and third-row seating has been revamped to include the convenience of a fold-flat arrangement, for added cargo versatility. Additionally, Suburban models get a little more legroom for those in the second row, while a new dual-screen rear entertainment system with Blu-ray DVD player is offered in the Suburban. Otherwise keyless entry and push-button start are both new and widely available in both the Suburban and Tahoe lineups, as are other new convenience features, like adaptive cruise control.