- Infotainment centralized control system
- Bluetooth telephone system w/remote SIM access profile
- DVD based navigation
- Dark chrome grille & lower bumper matrix
- Bi-xenon headlights w/integrated washer jets
- Space saver spare tire
- Pirelli Pzero tires
- LED tail-lights
- Twin oval stainless steel tailpipes
- Pwr latching driver & passenger doors
- Fully automated electro-hydraulic fabric roof w/leather tonneau cover
- 20 multi-spoke painted alloy wheels
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Rear spoiler
- Color-keyed pwr folding heated electrochromic mirrors w/memory
- Knurled chrome & leather gear shifter
- Leather & chrome gear shift knob
- Multi-zone auto climate control
- Electronic parking brake
- Pwr tilt steering wheel w/cruise control
- Leather 14-position pwr front bucket seats w/memory, adjustable heating & lumbar
- Full rear center console w/storage & rear HVAC controls
- Pwr windows
- 3-spoke monotone leather trimmed steering wheel w/brushed switch surround
- Drilled alloy sport foot-pedals
- Pwr trunk opening & closing
- Rear bucket seats w/center armrest, trunk pass through
- Front & rear floor mats
- Electrochromic rearview mirror
- Keyless entry & ignition w/engine start/stop button
- Genuine burr walnut veneer trim
- Diamond-quilted leather trim-inc: seat facings, doors, rear quarter panels
- Steering column mounted gear shift paddles
- Remote controlled garage door opener
- Cruise control
- All-wheel drive
- Front & rear independent air suspension
- 6-speed automatic transmission w/semi-manual mode
- Electronic differential lock
- Twin rifled stainless steel oval sport tail pipes
- 6.0L DOHC 48-valve EFI VVT twin-turbocharged W12 flex-fuel engine
- Lowered sport suspension
- Front & rear floating calliper disc brakes
- Pwr steering
- **PRELIMINARY STANDARD EQUIPMENT**
- Electronic stability program (ESP)
- Electronic brake force distribution (EBD)
- 4-wheel antilock braking system (ABS)
- Traction control system
- Front & rear side mounted airbags
- Front & rear 3-point seat belts w/pre-tensioners
- Driver & front passenger frontal airbags w/occupant sensors
- Tire pressure monitoring system
There are three models of Continental for the Bentley fan to choose from. The Continental GT, which comes in coupe and convertible form. The Flying Spur is a 4-door Continental. The GT and Flying Spur have been given the Speed treatment, which increases horsepower and sport-tuned suspension. At the top of the line sits the Continental Supersports supercar, a car capable of running on gasoline, biofuel or any combination thereof. It gains a convertible variant in 2011.
All of the Continentals start with Bentley's 6.0L W12 engine. In the base GT coupe and GTC convertible, it makes 567 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. The Flying Spur's engine has the same capabilities as the GT, but with its heavier 4-door body, it's a tad slower. In the Speed versions of these cars, the same engine makes 600 horsepower and 553 lb-feet of torque. The Supersports, however, has no problems with sluggishness, thanks to its 621 hp and 590 lb-ft of torque.
The Supersports deserves its own consideration, as it has a new Quickshift transmission that cuts shift times in half and allows double downshifts, plus a lower, sportier front suspension, continuous damping control, 20-inch Pirelli tires and the largest carbon ceramic brakes ever fitted to a production car. Even its central computer is programmed to make the most of the engine and driving assistance systems for the highest performance.
Once you've decided on a body type and how fast you want to go, the standard features and options list for all models of the Bentley Continental are similar. Keep in mind, though, that Bentley offers near infinite customization of any model. But your basics include bi-xenon headlights with washers, LED taillights, heated power mirrors, rain-sensing windshield wipers, 19-inch wheels and your choice of 16 standard paint colors. The GTC models have a choice of five fabrics for the cloth top.
The interior has paddle shifters, a start/stop button, burr walnut veneers, navigation system, Sirius satellite radio, Bluetooth, 4-zone climate control and 17 standard leather colors for the upholstery. Some models also come with standard park distance control, heated massaging rear seats and more. Options are really icing on the cake and include 20-inch wheels, carbon ceramic brakes, heated steering wheel, premium audio system designed for Bentley by Naim, iPod interface and adaptive cruise control.
The GT offers a new 80-11 Edition package that includes 20-inch special alloy wheels, drilled pedals a unique black paint and special interior trim items including white stitching on the seats and floor mats. It will add $9,350 to the price of your Continental GT.
The Supersports comes with lightweight sport seats with carbon fiber rear panels. The upholstery is still leather, with Alcantara for further weight reduction, but the wood veneers have been replaced in this model with carbon fiber panels. Even the rear seats have been removed and replaced with a carbon-fiber luggage shelf. The Supersports also has four exclusive paint colors, two pearlescent whites and two matte grays.
All Continentals offer a dazzling array of exterior paints, seat trims and interior wood veneers, allowing unmatched customization potential.
The Continental GT model got a mild refresh for 2011. The outside may look about the same, but the engine got retuned for 15 more horsepower. It is available with a new "80-11 Edition" package that includes unique black paint, 20-inch wheels, special black trim all over, white contrast stitching inside, white carpet trim and extra emblems inside and out.
The Continental Supersports model gets a new convertible variant.